Full programme, see: http://noborder2016.espivblogs.net/programme/
Networking Meeting Balkan route program
Saturday, 16th of July
11.00 – 13.00
Opening Plenary – Welcome, Introduction, Inputs, first Discussion
Input 1: “Everything is possible” – the amazing dynamics of 2015;
Input 2: After the EU-Turkey Deal – the new border regime in the Aegean;
Input 3: Back to the Underground railway – new/old challenges of support and solidarity;
Input 4: Between transit and common social struggles – how to connect the various aspirations and realities?
15.30 – 17.30
Workshop Slot I
Back to the Underground railway? Ongoing daily struggles and transnational perspectives on the Balkan route
Five parallel workshops:
1. The consequences after the EU-Turkey-deal;
2. Webguides: Welcome to Greece and Welcome to Italy;
3. Solidarity along the Balkan Route: from financial support to common actions against repression;
4. Live feed of w2eu as information tool – and Alarmphone Balkan as a new project?
5. Mapping and other ideas of support along the route.
(1.5 hours break)
19.00 – 21.00
Workshop Slot II
Solidarity and support: Self-organisation, mixed organisation, volunteers, transnationalisation
Four parallel workshops:
1. Experiences in social centers and squats;
2. Travelling groups/journeys (back) to the borders;
3. Multilingual newspapers and online magazine/platforms;
4. Between empathic support and unpaid crowd management; Ambivalences of the volunteers’ engagement.
Sunday, 17th of July
16.00 – 18.00
Workshop Slot III
Common social struggles, sensitivity versus criminalisation
Three parallel workshops:
1. Housing, health-service, education: perspectives of common social struggles for a social infrastructure;
2. Working, exploitation, rights: how to resist the racist hierarchies in the labour market?
3. Denouncement, criminalisation, sensitivity: How to break the fear and repression in the border areas?
19.00 to 21.00
Final plenary: Brief conclusions from the workshops, Discussion on Perspectives
Sunday later Evening (22.00…)
Short Film Festival – Clips and Videos from the external borders and from the Balkan Route